Business VoiceEdge ®
A cloud-based, virtual PBX service loaded with calling features
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.

Picking up another extention

If there is a call coming into another extention and they are not at their desk, how do I pick up that call from a different extention/phone?  I've found several methods online and they do not work: *9xxxx#, *59xxx dial

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Picking up another extention

Hey there! Happy Friday to you! I hope you are doing well this evening! We are very grateful for your patience and for spending your time this evening to reach out to the Comcast Digital Care team for help with picking up a call from a different extension/phone. I am someone who always wants to have full control of my incoming calls so I understand the concern! In order to research this further, can you tell me what type of voice service you have? -Gabriel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

business voice edge
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks so much. Let's see what we can find out for you. Can I have your business address, and primary contact for the account? -Rob 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I want to know too and according to the codes, it's *98 but that doesn't work.  I'm a Voice Edge user with a polycom 5something phone.  Can you advise?  Why is it a secret and why wasn't answer posted.  that defeats the purpose of a community blog spot

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you look at my post, you'll see that I said I have Voice Edge

@Comcast_Gabe wrote:

Hey there! Happy Friday to you! I hope you are doing well this evening! We are very grateful for your patience and for spending your time this evening to reach out to the Comcast Digital Care team for help with picking up a call from a different extension/phone. I am someone who always wants to have full control of my incoming calls so I understand the concern! In order to research this further, can you tell me what type of voice service you have? -Gabriel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

From what I've found out, it's not possible.  The only solution that I've gotten is that you can put a second extention onto a phone, but every time the extention you are 'sharing' rings both phones will ring.  There isn't a way to pick up any extention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our business forums. I would love to assist with the phone service issues. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

I am so sorry about that and can you send us a private message with your name, the full address, and phone number to the account? 

0 Kudos