Business VoiceEdge ®
A cloud-based, virtual PBX service loaded with calling features
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.
Highlighted

How to do A "Soft Transfer" on New Voice Edge SoftPhone

On the old Softphone system you were able to do a soft transfer / consultative transfer where you called the recipient and asked if they were available then transferred the original call. Is this possible in the new app? And how do you get this done? We have tried many ways and each time the call immediately goes to the recipient. Thank you 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How to do A "Soft Transfer" on New Voice Edge SoftPhone

Hi! Thanks for reaching out for help with a consultative transfer. You have reached the right place for help! We certainly understand the importance of being able to do a soft transfer for your business. Would you mind providing me with your phone model? Here are the steps below.

1. During a call, press Transfer. The caller is automatically placed on hold.
  2. Dial the number, extension or choose a contact from your call list or directory and press #.
  3. When the receiving party answers, announce the call.
  4. Press Transfer to complete the transfer.

Please note, a warm transfer will display the extension of the person transferring the call to the recipient. Here is also a link for more details on the different types of transfers. Please let me know if this helps. https://comca.st/2SH5lOy

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This does not work Re: How to do A "Soft Transfer" on New Voice Edge SoftPhone

This does NOT work on the softphone program. We are using the softphone on Windows and Mac. How can I do this on there? Also, how can I get support for issues with the program? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: This does not work Re: How to do A "Soft Transfer" on New Voice Edge SoftPhone

I appreciate you clarifying! If you are using Windows, page 17/35 under Transfer (Attended Transfer) in the attached PDF should be what you are looking for 😁

If you have a different OS or are still having issues after trying the instructions, please click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details so we can help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I too have this issue with the VoiceEdge Desktop App. The pdf referred to in another reply is not for this VoiceEdge Desktop App.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thank you for letting us know! Please click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and let us know what options you have with you Desktop App (feel free to send photos!) 🙂 

0 Kudos