Business VoiceEdge ®
A cloud-based, virtual PBX service loaded with calling features
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.
Visitor

Can't update callerID

I can't update the callerID for any of my phones.  Message states to wait 24 hours and try again, but this has been going on for a while.  Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't update callerID

I also can't change a user caller I.D. I get the same error message' wait 24 hours and try again. I had to call and have a rep. make the change for another user a few months back! I guess this feature is still broken. 

0 Kudos
Official Employee

Good afternoon, andyit and LB66. It's frustrating to hear that you both were experiencing caller ID trouble recently. I did want to follow up with you on this. We want to help! It sounds like we might actually need to open a request for each of you on this, but I did want to check/confirm whether this is occurring on inbound or outbound caller ID. Please let us know, thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for your response.  This is only internally.  When one of my extensions dials another, the wrong name comes up on the receiving phone.  When I go to and change that name in VE portal, I get the error.  Our outbound CID is set up to always be our main number, so it is not affected.

Thanks, Andy

0 Kudos
Official Employee

Thank you for the additional details, andyit. I can help get a ticket submitted to our Tier 2 team who can work on correcting the back end provisioning of your account, so you no longer encounter this error. So that I can get started, please send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, so we can help. 

0 Kudos