Business VoiceEdge ®
A cloud-based, virtual PBX service loaded with calling features
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.
Highlighted
Visitor

Can't log-in to Softphone - "sign-in details do not match our records"

I have multiple users who can no longer use the Softphone client as of yesterday.  No longer recognizes their sign-in information (user ID and password). 

Says "Your sign in details do not match our records. If you are a new user you will need to create an account first".

Have verified that they are using the Softphone User ID displayed in the VoiceEdge portal. Have verified that they are typing in their password correctly.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the Softphone client. Have tried resetting passwords, reassigning phones, etc.

Is it possible for the My Account password and the Softphone password to become separate? Can't find any way to set a Softphone-specific password.

Support line said they were unable to assist in any way. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Can't log-in to Softphone - "sign-in details do not match our records"

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to the Digital Care Team here through the forums. I am sorry to see that you have users who were not able to access the softphone. I know how frustrating this must be especially when you are needing to work from home due to this virus. You have reached the right team to help look into this for you. Can you please send a private message with your name, the full address, and phone/account number? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are having the same issue. Also..

1. Where can you download the softphone app (not companion app)?

2. Comcast required us to change our usernames to our emails. I dont believe we can use email address for softphone login (EMAIL+@bve.wdv.comcast.net). Where do we find the logins for the softphone app?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums and I am so very sorry for the delay in our response and the fact that you are having trouble reaching your softphone. I would love to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

0 Kudos

How do you add a user to SOFT PHONE desktop application? Where is that done on the account?
I have no idea and never used it before. I have a new employee who wants it and we did install the software and now we need an email address assigned.

Thanks

]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

I am having the same problem...android apps login fine. Admin login fine on portal, all other users unable to login

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding our softphone. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I would love to assist you with the soft phone concerns, as I know how important this service can be to your business. I would love to review the account and ensure that we help you get this service loaded onto your device. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? 

0 Kudos