Business VoiceEdge ®
A cloud-based, virtual PBX service loaded with calling features
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.
SPA3190
Visitor

Assigning New User & Extension to Existing Device

We recently had an employee leave the company, and we're trying to set up their phone for a new hire.  We've created a new user account for the new hire in BVE Manager and successfully assigned the existing device to this new hire, however when we try to change the device's 3-digit extension, we get an error message that says "An error occurred.  An internal exception occurred with this request".   HELP! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Assigning New User & Extension to Existing Device

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I would love to assist you in with your voice edge provisioning. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? -Comcast_Michelle

0 Kudos
carr20
Visitor

I am also trying to add new employee, but display continues to show the name of the old employee.  How do I fix this?

Steve

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there carr20 and welcome to the forums! If you've already tried this: Business VoiceEdge Change User Profiles then please click on our handle (ComcastBiz_Support) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details so we can help get the system displaying the correct name for you. 

-Gina

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@carr20 wrote:

I am also trying to add new employee, but display continues to show the name of the old employee.  How do I fix this?

Steve

Glad we were able to get this resolved Steve! It looks like because you were using the direct dial function, it will make and recieve calls as the contact that you have stored on your phone.

Post again if you need anything.

Ken

0 Kudos