Business Voice
Comcast Business high-quality Voice over IP service support
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.
Highlighted
Visitor

Arris TM608G and VOIP PBX

We have Comcast Digital Voice with 5 phone lines and are currently upgrading our PBX system to a VOIP PBX system (FreePBX).

According to the datasheet for this Arris device, it supports SIP.  Is this true?  Can I plug an ethernet cable into the back of the Arris and trunk it to our IP PBX?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Arris TM608G and VOIP PBX

Well, like I said at the beginning, we're going to run our own IP PBX - not a virtual one through Comcast.

Plus I'm not sure why we'd pay nearly 3 times as much for something through Comcast when I can literally just get rid of the Arris and get a FXO gateway and run everything myself.

Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Trusted Forum Contributor

Hello McClureAssoc and welcome,

All Business Class Arris TMXXX modems operations are dedicated to telephone only. They do not support any internet functionality whatsoever.

Hope this helps you out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really help.  I'm not asking about internet functionality.

I'm asking about SIP functionality from the modem directly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SIP subpackets functionality for VOIP embedded iinto Enet packets is not supported on these Arris TMXXX modems either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Even though it's clearly listed in the datasheet for this specific model?

sip.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes.  Comcast Business only uses the PBX digital voice oriented functionality in all Arris TMXXX devices. If you are looking for VOIP telephone service you can contact http://business.comcast.com/VoiceEdge‎ or (888) 751-9584

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Well, like I said at the beginning, we're going to run our own IP PBX - not a virtual one through Comcast.

Plus I'm not sure why we'd pay nearly 3 times as much for something through Comcast when I can literally just get rid of the Arris and get a FXO gateway and run everything myself.

Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos