Business Voice & VoiceEdge
Highlighted
Visitor

Toll Free Number Feature Availability

We recently ported two toll numbers to our new Comcast voice service. One of the numbers was directed to ring to the wrong number which had to be corrected and we also wanted to keep the feature where all incoming toll calls were restricted from our local calling area. We do not want to pay for toll when clients have been instructed to use the local number when it is not chargeable. We had this service with several other toll carriers throught the years. Comcast is now telling me they do not offer this service, that we cannot block toll calls from a specific area code. I pushed and did get through to a service rep, and when I pushed was told the toll numbers are handled by a third-party being Level 3. Now Level 3 DOES offer this service, apparently not to Comcast. Why would Comcast not offer this standard feature to their customers? I hate to have to re-port this numbers back to my original carrier!Per Level 3 website:

• Origin-of-Call Blocking and Routing Restrict calls by state, LATA, NPA or NPA-NXX 
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Toll Free Number Feature Availability

Welcome Ann.  We can engage the Regional Service to assist with this issue.  Please send me a private message (PM) with the account number.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Toll Free Number Feature Availability

John,

We have never been contacted concerning this issue. We want to have the ability to block incoming toll calls from our local calling area, 317. Is feature is available on all other toll free services except for Comcast SInce Comcast is using Level 3 as their 3rd party toll provider Level 3 does offer their direct customer this feature. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos