Business Voice & VoiceEdge
Highlighted
Visitor

No Home Line

For the 3rd time this month and fourth time since I have had Comcast (I have had it about 6 months), my phone is down.  I still have internet, but i get no dial tone and just dead air.  The phones all say "No Home Line" and when I try to call the number from an outside line the recording says "I'm sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time" so clearly this is a Comcast issue as I can't even reach the line from outside the house.

The internet is up and the very low level support people tell me the modem and all equipment is working fine.  Clearly the diagnostics aren't working or something else is wrong.  However no one works over the weekend and the soonest they can get someone out is Tuesday.  So much for Business Class service.  I have had a technician out to my house twice.  The first guy came and looked at all the wiring, put new ends on the cable, etc...  The second guy came out and said that the primary phone number (ported) was not the "first one on the bill" and therefore the equipment was getting confused.  Well neither of these things have had any immediate or lasting effect.  The phone eventually starts working again, but this is ridiculous.

At this point I would NOT recommend anyone get Comcast voice.  The internet is great, fast and reliable but the phone service, in a word, sucks.  And btw, my installation is brand new, with a brand new drop, etc.  No excuses.

If anyone has the solution since Comcast doesn't appear to, can they please let me know.

Thansk

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No Home Line

Welcome Petman2.  Our Regional Service Center reports all services active after the scheduled service call.  Pleas let us know if further assistance is needed.

Thank You

0 Kudos