Business Voice & VoiceEdge
Highlighted

Call pickup feature.

When we purchased this system the documentation said that the call pickup feature would be available, also we were told that it was. Where is it and how do you use it? We would like to use call pickup to answer another line that is ringing across the showroom. This seems like such an obvious base feature.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Call pickup feature.

Hi jerrykc.  This issue was referred to our Regional Service Center for resolution.  Please let us know if your issue has been resolved.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Forum Contributor

Hello jerrykc,

Please refer to this Comcast phone user features information wrt Call Park / Retrieve and Call Transfer.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just to be clear, I am not interested in the “Call Park / Retrieve and Call Transfer" features, I am aware of them. I am inquiring about the CALL PICKUP feature that was listed when we signed up for the phone service, here is a link that might help you understand the differences in what I am asking about and what information you are giving me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_pickup

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Forum Contributor

Thank you jerrykc for our Wikipedia clarification:

" Call pick-up is a feature used in a telephone system that allows one to answer someone else's telephone call. The feature is accessed by pressing a pre-programmed button (usually labelled "Pick-Up"), or by pressing a special sequence of buttons on the telephone set.

In places where call pick-up is used, the telephone sets may be divided into zones. Under such an arrangement, using call pick-up will only pick up a call in the same zone.

Call pick-up can be directed. Directed call pick-up is used for picking up a call that is ringing at a specific extension number; this feature is accessed through a different sequence of buttons than normal call pick-up.

A telephone set can only pick up one call at one time. If there are many incoming calls at the same time, call pick-up will pick up the call that rang first unless the pick-up is directed." 

So let's see if we can further clarify this solutiion for you:

There is only one zone for call park and receive (directed pick up) and that is all the telephone numbers within your Comcast account.

Call Park : Transfer a call through multiple phone numbers in your system (single zone) without ending the call.

To activate Call Park:

1. Press the switch hook or flash button on your phone.

2. When you hear the second dial tone, press *68.

3. You will be prompted to enter the extension where you would like to park your call (directed call pickup) . To do this, press # plus the last four digits of the phone extension.

4. Your call is parked and can be picked up at the extension you designated.

Call Retrieve: For example, if you're on a call in your office but need to consult with a co-worker in a different office, park the call from your office and retrieve (pick it up) it from your (directed) co-workers office.

To retrieve the call:

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.

2. Press *88.

3. Enter the extension where the call is parked (directed call pickup) . You are now connected to the parked call.

The above is what Comcast offers for single zone directed call pickup.