Business TV

tv remote app not working

SOLVED
papajin

tv remote app not working

We have xfinity business class tv at our restaurant with 3 cable boxes at one location.  It's rather difficult to change channels since the boxes are stacked together, we've been covering the ir receiver with our hands but it still only works about half the time.  

I tried to download the app and change the boxes via the app but it doesn't do anything.  I checked and all of our boxes are compatible but it still does nothing.  I tried calling support but they transferred me to the commercial service center and got disconnected many times.  I have one Pace RNG 110 and 2 Motorola DCX3400 and none of them work with the app.  I have xfinity at home and it works at home, 2 blocks down from my business location so it should work at the business.  Any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: tv remote app not working

papajin,

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the post.  The Xfinity TV App has not been made available to Business TV locations due to some technical limitations, and Comcast is working diligently in solving those issues, to make it available in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Thanks,

Julie

mhepler19

any update on this?? This is from April, has a solution been found yet??

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi mhelper19.  The Xfinity mobile app is fully functional. Please check the below links for additional information.

Set up the XFINITY TV Remote App

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app/

XFINITY TV Remote App Eligible Set-Top Boxes

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app

Top Tips for Using the XFINITY TV Remote App

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/top-tips-for-cable-tv-app

Thank You

111Saloon

My sales rep jsut told me this does NOT work for biz class... But here you say it is fully functional. Not one place on COMCAST or XFINITY does it say this DOES NOT WORK!!! I'M PISSED!!!
His name is JOEL HOUGHTON and he says you COMCAST_JOHN are WRONG!!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

HI 111 Saloon.  If you are unable to configure the remote tv app after utilizing the information provided in the links, please provide us with the type of set top box, as well as the smartphone model and OS that you are using in order for us to assist.

Thank You

cmacfresno
Visitor

I can't get this to work either.  I can't sign in to the TV Remote App using my Comcast Business username and password.

Community Manager
Community Manager

cmacfresno,

Welcome to the forum.

We apologize for the late reply to your question.

Do you still need assistance for this issue?

If you are please repost.

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation