Billing & Customer Service

Solicitations

SOLVED
Highlighted
KStar

Solicitations

How do I stop Comcast from repeatedly calling the workplace to solicit phone offers and such?  I recieved a call from 844-232-4807 today and last month I already notified my account rep and called customer service to be placed on the DO NOT CALL LIST.  This is disrupting our work as I am the manager and I have better things to do than be told I that I have to take a call from solicitors.

Accepted Solution

Re: Solicitations

Hi @KStar and welcome to the business forums.

I do apologize for any unwanted solicitations going on. I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would suggest adding your information to the opt-out manager find here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspx. This has an option for both residential and business advertisements. As noted on that page, "The number will be added immediately, but it is possible you might still receive a sales call within thirty (30) days of the date your number is added to the Comcast Do Not Call List. Please note: adding a phone number to the Comcast Do Not Call List will NOT prevent informational or notification calls from Comcast regarding a customer's current services. You may still receive informational phone calls."

Please let us know if you need anything and we'll be happy to help here on the forums. 

View solution in context
Official Employee

Hi @KStar and welcome to the business forums.

I do apologize for any unwanted solicitations going on. I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would suggest adding your information to the opt-out manager find here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspx. This has an option for both residential and business advertisements. As noted on that page, "The number will be added immediately, but it is possible you might still receive a sales call within thirty (30) days of the date your number is added to the Comcast Do Not Call List. Please note: adding a phone number to the Comcast Do Not Call List will NOT prevent informational or notification calls from Comcast regarding a customer's current services. You may still receive informational phone calls."

Please let us know if you need anything and we'll be happy to help here on the forums. 

KStar

I just got another soliciation today from the following phone number [removed phone number] and they said the office phone was [removed phone number].  The solicitor said they were from Comcast looking for the decision-maker for the business.  I have already placed our phone on the do not call list (for solictations, but not the DO NOT CALL FOR ANY REASON list).  I will ignore it for now, but after next month, I will be considering other options for internet and/or mentioning this on BBB or other sites as necessary to deal with this problem.

Official Employee

Hi KStar, I'm truly sorry to hear that you're getting solicitors calling; those calls are extremely annoying when you're trying to be productive. I tried searching those numbers internally and was unable to find them in our systems and when I called the -0995, I received an automated message that stated it was a messaging system and to enter an extension, and the -3653 gives an automated message that it is disconnected. Did they happen to state if they were with us when you spoke to them? 

KStar

Yes.  Next time I will try to get a name and direct line and pretend I will call them back.  Then I will post the number and name on this forum.

Official Employee

I'd appreciate you letting us know! If you can send it via a private message (you can send one by clicking on my handle, Comcast_Gina) that way their names and contact information aren't in public, that would be best. We'll be here, and if you want me to re-add your number to the Do Not Call List you can send me a private message for that as well. I really am sorry that this has been troublesome and look forward to getting it resolved for you.