Billing & Customer Service
Highlighted
Visitor

My horrid disconnection process and lack of response to clarification now costs me more money

Comcast Business Class systematically tries to delay, confuse customers on disconnection process as well as tries to grab more money from business class customers when trying to terminate.  Been passed around from rep to rep trying to get final correct paperwork sent to me.  We have multiple business accounts with them and they definitely don't seem to care about retention and how they treat their Comcast customers.   Her is a log of my interactions recently with Comcast in my efforts to cancel a business Comcast account where we completed the terms of our 12-month contract and I was attempting to cancel.  They seem to enforce the 60-day notice sometimes and sometimes not.  The date on the disconnect paperwork is not actually the date they will disconnect the service apparently and will bill you for an additional 60 days from the date they receive the paperwork even in situations where the customer has been attempting to get disconnect paperwork from them and has no response back from rep when asking for clarification on the date shown on the disconnect form.  I was a happy Comcast business class customer until this disconnect process happened to me.

5/23/13 - Requested disconnect paperwork from Tahira Abdullah regarding Snowde Grove sales offices.  She said she would speak to Manager and CEO regarding waiver of the 60 day notice and would call me back by end of day on

5/23/13 with answer or next day.  She gave me her contact information and phone number.      

5/23/13 - 4:15pm my time, called back and left voice mail for Tahira to send me the paperwork since I did not hear from her as promised.      

5/24/13 - Sent email to email address I was given and it was bounced back.      

5/28/13 - Called back in and expressed my dissatisfaction to representative asking that I be sent paperwork on this request and rep said that she would send communications to Tahira regarding the cancellation paperwork request and that I should get it that day from her.      

5/30/13 - Called back into retention department 3 separate times and each time I was transferred to a number after pressing Option 4 to get to disconnect department and received a message saying that the number was no longer in service.       5/30/13 - Called back into business services number and chose a different option to get to "change" services and was able to finally get to a person by name of Darin Williams who finally sent me the paperwork dated 5/23/13.  I immediately emailed him back asking for clarification on the date on the form that said 5/23/13 instead of 7/23/13 if the 60-day notice did or did not apply as I would have thought that if the 60-day notice applied, the date should have been 7/23/13.   I never received an email back from him at all.  Assumed he was busy and I didn't really need the service disconnected until 6/29/13 anyways.      

6/7/13 - Called back into Comcast since I had not received any communication from Darrin Williams at all on correction or clarification request on the paperwork sent to me earlier on 5/30/13.  Got a hold of somebody trying to get paperwork signed.  Was transferred to another person who proceeded to tell me that the disconnect date on the form was not the true disconnect date and that it would now be 60-days from the date they received the signed paperwork.  Whic now means that the disconnection will not happened until 8/7/13 if I sign and return the paper work today.  Expressed discontent over why my initial contact never sent paperwork as requested and why I never received a response back from Darrin.  The representative whose name was Lavern McCook was being difficult and dodgy on answering same.  Was told that the person was probably very busy and had not had a chance to respond back to emails.  I said I didn't buy that excuse and felt that this was a ploy to extract more revenue from the business customer by not responding  back to them or getting them the disconnect paperwork.   I asked to have the issue escalated and was told that it would be 5 to 7 days before I would receive a call back from a supervisor.  I told her I would send the paperwork in and I still wanted the issue escalated to the supervisor anyways.  Was also told that the email address I was given by Tahira was incorrect and that is why it was bounced back to me.      

This is insulting to think that once you are in an agreement and have fulfilled that agreement, they make it hard to cancel their service when you no longer have a need to use them.  I am extremely disappointed at the way I have been treated during what should be seemingly simple process to complete and the number of different excuses given to me as to why I can't get communications returned back to me in my efforts to get paperwork clarified.   Do they not know that they are alienating their business customers from ever recommending their services to others or to utilize them in the future.  Their commercials imply how important their business customers are but that is only on the front end and not on the back end processes.

I am being told that I have to pay for two more weeks of service just because their representatives failed to deliver paperwork as promised and failed to return emails regarding paperwork clarifications.

Completely outrageous treatment of customer that has multiple business accounts and has the ability to impact many new prospective clients considering we are homebuilder and sell new homes to create potential new revenue streams for Comcast.   The runaround and systematic lack of response seems fraudulent to me.

David A.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My horrid disconnection process and lack of response to clarification now costs me more money

Welcome david_a. we apologize for issuses you've encountered with this service request.  Please see your private message for additional information.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: My horrid disconnection process and lack of response to clarification now costs me more money

This is hardly what I call World Class

If I treated my customers this way, I would not have a business,

And so neither would (will) you:

Just wanted a second phone line, Called CS:

4/14/ Calvin – add new (2nd) phone line.

5/28 - No line, no response

5/28 / Dan  

Said Calvin gave me wrong pricing.

Said 2nd line was entered wrong and dropped.

Said he was entering new ticket (CR 3220261XX) SHOULD BE 5-7 BUSSINESS DAYS

THEY WILL CALL TO SCHEDULE

6/7 NO CALL BACK

6/7 – sent email on status …. No reply

6/8 sent email to Sharyn…….out of office reply

6/8 call CS-  Kesha  Maner      9:55 – 10:07 said needs to talk to Mr Larson (cust care) 10:10 put on hold…

10:22 still trying , on hold again…….10:28 working on it….on hold again 10:31…..said another new ticket number issued CR 3230954XX……will call back within 1 hr for new status!......3:00 NO CALL BACK!

6/10 – 12:00pm  still no call back

World Class....REALLY?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI MAH.  We apologize for the problems you have experienced in getting the service order issued and completed.  I have forwarded your information the appropriate support team for resolution.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree, getting thorugh to the right COMCAST support person was far from easy. I was ping-ponged between residential and business agents. I hope I will not run into to the problems you describe.

I have an active business internet account I want to switch from busines to residential service at the current business service address. I will not be operating my business at that address any longer. 

I understand COMCAST needs 60 days notice to terminate my business service.

What is the procedure for that.?
Is there a form on-line?
Is an email message sufficient?
Are there termination fees?
What are the consequences of terminating early, before 60 days?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having struggles with getting our service disconnected as well. I agreed to a 2 year contract to keep service at one location of our in order to disconnect the service at our second location without penalty. I received the paperwork and replied with agreement after speaking on the phone. That was March 19th and we have been continuously billed since then. I have called/emailed representatives the last two months and received apologies and was assured it would be disconnected and to disregard any bills. Now after speaking to someon on the May 20th, I have received ANOTHER email from comcast telling me my account has been activated! I still have the disconnect paperwork for reference, yet it never actually seems to get disconnected. I am still able to login to the online account and see that it is active as of today.

What on earth do I need to do to get this account disconnected! 

Molly

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have simialr bad experience with the disconnect.

Comcast only cares about money instead of their business customer satisfication - the loyalty is mainly built upon contract instead of good products and services.

My business doesn't go good, so I have to close the current place and move to a lower price place.

I first tried to disconnect, but was told there is early termination fee. So I tried to transfer the service to the new location. After made many calls, I was told that the new location doesn't have comcast service. So I call rentention again, and I was told I still have to pay the early termination fee.

The process is time consuming and bad feeling.

So I just agree to pay the early termination fee to get out clean.

Of course, it is hard for me to refer friends to use comcast business any more. The concept of the 2 year contract with high early termination fee is not right way to retain customers. It is not good to company PR. Other good companies may also have early termination fees - but normally very reason amount.

Summary points:

1. It is very surprise to learn that there is such a high early termination fee -- the description is not on the page you signed, it is a non-clickable url, so if you type the url wrong, it leads you to a different page, where there is no description on early termination fee.

2. I suggest users check there connection speed constantly. I checked several time, less than half of the download speed is given.

3. Normally a contract is to give customer discount rate on each month, a reasonable ways to charge early termination fee is just ask customer to pay the saved part or small amount of remained part. It won't cost internet provider much if the service discontinued. So what's the reason to ask customers to pay 3/4 of the internet fee when customer won't use any more?

4. Sale persons work on commission, we understand they are aggressive and won't tell you (or at least won't remind you) there is a big early termination fee. Rentention department of comcast must also work on commission, so they stand on their own point and don't want customers to get out of the contract. So that is to say, no body in the company will stand on customers' point.

Just my objective 2 cents.

If I ran the big company like comcast - I won't do something like this - it is kind of getting the egg by killing the chicken.

Far from healthy company development for long term. The percentage of customers who need to do early termination is (should be) very small - if the service is the best. It won't let the company lost tons of money and the company even don't need large retention department - might even save the company more money this way.

Highlighted

My experience with them and their service was really bad. I had to call them plenty about bad service and i got bad service on the phone from them. They cost me lots of money and are now charging me even more. I was told i would get credit on my bill for all the outages there were and never did and know  I'm getting the 60 day charge because they refuse to run a line to my  new shop that i had to move to and they are calling it voluntary disconnect on my part

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Moved:

0 Kudos