Billing & Customer Service

Issues Switching over

GMPizza

Issues Switching over

Our business had switched over to Comcast from a national competitor in the beginning of July. They came out to install the 1st of July and had informed me that they could not complete the task because of our phone system and would need the assistance of a phone guy. They did complete the installation of the video. They came back out a week later for the phones. Transferred them over and then informed me that they would need to come out next week to install the music portion. Two days later I receive a call from a customer letting me know that they are calling the normal number and no one was answering. I figured it was a fluke. Until I started getting more customers coming in and letting me know that they cannot get through on our line as well. The times and days that the customers called are when we are open and times that staff as well as myself is in the building. We have a company policy in answering the phones within 3 rings. I called comcast tech support and they were looking into this. I proceeded to call a total of 3 more times as well as a gentleman that we use for our phone system called 3 times as well to resolve this issue. Each time they said that they did not see any issue. The first time they informed me of this I called our phone guy to come and take a look thinking maybe it was something with our system, which seemed weird because it only started happening after we had switched over to comcast. Our phone guy had informed me that there was an issue with a certain type of phone system calling us and that the IP address had not been switched out with our old provider. So 2 months later this finally was resolved. Now I am dealing with receiving bills from our old provider because they did not transfer the numbers correctly. This is very frustrating and I seem to be just put on hold and nothing resolved. I have spent hours, time and money to resolve this and no one can do anything.  I am wondering if there is a different way to get this resolved?

Re: Issues Switching over

GMPizza-

I'm going to have a team member research this and provide you an update. Someone will be in touch with you soon.

GMPizza

This is what I keep hearing. I was informed last week that the numbers can be ported over correctly, but when I get the email it states that it will take 10-15 business days. Not only have I been paying for a number that is not ours, I am having to pay the other provider to keep the number. Now I have 2 bills instead of one. I have spent many hours on the phone trying to get issues resolved, no supervisors can talk to you because they are all busy and the customer service reps cannot do anything because they do not have access. The information was faxed in today. If this could be taken care of sooner I would appreciate it. This has been 3 months of chaos with phones for us. We do have 2 other businesses that were thinking about switching and now not so sure.

Highlighted

GMPizza-

I'm checking in with you and your issue. Was a customer care rep able to assist you?

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation