Billing & Customer Service

Close my account ??? How?

Our online company is based solely on internet sales. We moved to Sarasota in September 2011  and chose Comcast after being guaranteed fast, reliable internet service.   I doubt if our salesman was aware of the problems in the building but we were the only company in that specific building to use Comcast. Other tenants chose alternative cable companies - later we found out that decision was made for a very good reason.

The entire building is very old and, after months of problems, in August 2012, Comcast technicians admitted the wiring was obsolete and the location of our specific office within the building made updating the wiring impossible / not feasible. Since the connection was so erratic and we knew it could not be repaired properly, it was useless trying to contact customer service each time there was an issue. 

Earlier this year, due to these extreme problems we were told by your service department we could cancel the remainder of our contract without a penalty.  We vacated the office location on September 5, 2013.  Although I had been working at management level for our issues for two years - Jeffrey Hart (Sales Manager | West & Central Florida Comcast Business) - now I cannot find anyone at Comcast that will terminate our contract WITHOUT PENALTY as agreed.

I appreciate the fact Comcast representatives admitted the problem and offered a reasonable solution and I am ready to pay the balance to date (9/11/13) but will NOT pay a penalty.  

I want to arrange to return the cable box and finalize this situation as quickly as possible.  I seriously need someone to handle this.

Thank you,

Lucia Reid

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Close my account ??? How?

crcrystal-

Did a customer rep contact you about this? Please let me know.

0 Kudos

Please make sure you request the form you have to complete to close your account.  It takes 60 days from the day they received your written request (the form) to close your account.  I doesn't matter that you return the equipment early.  I wasn't told I had to complete a form and now have to pay 3 months of service that I am not even using!

0 Kudos

I have a very similar problem. I've had a Comcast business account since 2009. In early June, I had to move my office to another room in the same building, and was told by Comcast that would be a new account with a new lease of at least a year. Since I might have to move again and am no longer able to use the line, I decided to simply close the account. However, when I called Comcast to inform them of this decision, I was told there's a 60 day period before the account to be closed, which I think is very unreasonable because (1) I've already far exceeded the original lease period, and (2) I am physically unable to use the line even if I wanted to.  Since I'm paying $114 a month right now for high-speed internet and digital voice, I then asked whether I could at least downgrade the service to lower what I have to pay for basically nothing.  I was told the only downgrade possible was a measly $10 off on the internet.  Adding all this up, it looks like I'm being asked to pay over $300 for something of absolutely no use to me.  Is this just a way for ComCast to punish people for leaving their service, even for a customer that's been with them for 5 years? 

0 Kudos