Comcast originally failed to port our existing AT&T numbers; once they did port them, our latest bill shows we're being billed for 6 numbers, rather than 3. This is merely one of the problems we've experienced. We're still waiting for our 800 numbers to be ported. Everything was to be switched over on 3/24...it's been nearly a month now. We've called numerous times, but typically there's no follow through on tickets. Finally this week they activated our vm on the correct line and made it so that that line rolls over to the second line when line 1 is busy, so that basic feature took nearly a month to activate. I believe they had originally put the voicemail on our fax line.
We're to have a line 1, line 2 and a fax line, plus 2 corresponding 800 numbers (for line 1 and the fax line). Comcast originally set us up with new numbers rather than porting the existing ones. We didn't learn of this until the tech was out here for the installation on March 24. So for a time, even though we've been billed for the phone service since the initial installation, we still were receiving calls via AT&T and had to continue that service. Once Comcast finally acted on porting our numbers, which wasn't until April 8, we tested all the numbers while the tech was still here, and all 3 regular lines, and both 800 numbers rang here just fine. Within 48 hours, however, the 800 numbers ceased to function. These are the numbers that are advertised to our customers and listed on our website. Since April 10, when a customer calls us, the number simply dies. AT&T definitely canceled our account, and they told me on the phone that they had released all of our numbers--although when my boss also called AT&T, he said the response was "unclear." I know that we supplied all of the paperwork to Comcast prior to the installation, so I don't know what more we can do--other than having sent it to Comcast 2 more times last week.
In one of my many calls to Comcast, I tried "billing" instead of "tech support," and when I complained about the problems, including 3 interent outages during work hours, the Comcast rep told me that he'd credit our next bill for the full amount of the 800 service (20 whole bucks--how generous), but that he wouldn't credit the other portion of the phone bill because he said he didn't show anything in writing stating that we had wanted to port our numbers. We have faxes that we sent back in March, prior to the installation, showing this very information. The rep did offer to credit us 1/2 month's internet service from our next bill for the outages, but I've received the bill today only to find that not only did we not receive any credit for the 800 numbers or internet, we're now being billed for 6 regular numbers, rather than 3, and the 800 number charge is on there, too. Again, no credits were applied, but we're actually being charged much more now.
When I call and ask for tech support for voice and I reference a ticket, it's as if there's really no information entered and I'm having to go through the entire situation over and over. My boss has now also contacted support and I faxed a detailed letter on April 17 to 866-617-4186, and they've finally at least added our voice mail to the right number and made line 1 roll over to line 2. So we know they're aware of our issues, but they're just not taking action on the 800 numbers yet...and now our bill is a mess. The amount of time spent on this switchover from AT&T to Comcast is beyond ridiculous, and the negative impact on our business is tremendous. I've learned it's pointless to call Comcast--a total waste of time. On top of it, you'll be lied to and told amounts are being credited and then in fact your bill will increase dramatically, even retroactively charging us extra for the so called additional 3 lines. I realize this post is long, but we have numerous issues to be addressed, and at this point I felt I had to put it in writing publicly to get some type of action--after all the wasted time on the phone.
Since no one had replied here, I called voice support again and referenced our latest ticket number. This was the first support person who said they'd then call their toll free department to look into the situation while on the phone with me. They discovered that our toll free numbers were set up other than the "last step." Within 15 minutes they were working again. I don't know why previous support personnel didn't contact the toll free dept. during my calls. Anyway, we were without toll free phone service from April 9 or 10 until today.
The person I spoke with today also stated that he'd look into getting us credited for the 3 lines that shouldn't be listed on our account. Hopefully this will actually get done. It's insane the amount of time I've had to spend on all of this.