Skip to content
rw_hardin's profile

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 4:00 PM

Re: No site builder after a week...

I've had Busines Class for about 4 months and I still can't access site builder. Granted, I wasn't really concerned about it at first, since I got the account for the lack of data cap....but now that I want to set up a site, I find that I can't.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

113 Messages

10 years ago

rw _ hard in from your portal can you confirm the site you're trying to edit us enabled?

Does this link help you at all?

https://publish.comcast.net/splash/

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

No, the link takes me to a site that then directs me to an xfinity login page...which i do not have. 

Also, I do not see anywhere in the portal that would indicate an available site to edit.

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

113 Messages

10 years ago

As I cant assume what youre level of technical skill is nor what you know about comcast services I wanted to start by pointing you to their well written information page.
http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/web-hosting/how-to-build-a-web-page/

Pardon for the late replies, state work can be daunting (Am a district 4 caltrans network engineer) and they are pounding me with work.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

And yes, I have an active domain through Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I have read that information already, and the things that it directs me to look for are not available in my account. Under "Welcome to Control Panel" it shows a screenshot with 3 items. I have the Domain Name link and the Pending Domain Transfers link, but not the Website link (Or anything in it's place). Just the two other links. I cannot proceed because I have nothing to edit. 

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Website Builder seems to be broken. Comcast Business Class does not have their act together. They don't respond to inquires in a timely manner. Their online tools are horribly dated and clunky. The only reason I don't dump them altogether, is because I need a static IP@ and their consumer division (branded as XFinity) doesn't sell static IP@'s, every time I've asked. I'm moving my Domain registration to GoDaddy and my websites are hosted on Microsoft Azure. Comcast forum monitor, please make sure this feedback makes it to your decision makers.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Yea, I only stick around because of the lack of data cap. Residential was screwing me.