Skip to content
joey's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 11:00 AM

Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10, it removed my Norton.  I tried to resinstall from Comcast Business website.  It says Norton is not compatible with this Windows.  Now i have no protection other than Defender.  What to do

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

oh great!  Looks like Norton didn't prepare for WIndows 10 coming out...seems lots of software developers drop the ball this way...and they knew good and well about it ... i.e. they knew Windows 10 was on the way and that their software needs to work with it.  Great...looks like we'll have to wait awhile until all the software is compatible with Windows 10.  Some is some isn't... seems AV is VERY important...so not sure the stupid reasoning why Norton didn't do anything to prepare for this...just the way things are these days...  hell, look at Windows 8 and 8.1...  what a joke how that got out the door to customers the way it is... pitiful.

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

There is a Windows 10 version available on the Norton Website, but since it doesn't see an existing version on the computer, it treats it as a new purchase.  I guess we have to wait until Comcast catches up with the Windows update.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

HI Joey.  I have referred this to the Upware Support Team to investigate.

Thank You

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I  have the same problem. Norton is ready for W-10th, but comcast not!
They only need to upload new version to the site and then inform customers.

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Looks like we are in a pickel

Accepted Solution

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

Any update on when we can expect a Windows 10 compatable version? 

I mean come on, Windows 10 has been out a week, Symantec has compatable versions, where the heck is the one for us?

Who dropped the ball, cause I don't see Symantec dropping is considering what I said above. That leaves one culprit ....

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I just upgraded to windows 10 and my email seemed to be fine until I tried to attach something.  I used to have a separate small box pop up so I could browse and find what I want to attach....but I don't have that any more a separate line comes up on top of my other header lines and I can't see what I'm clicking on.  What do I need to do to fix this?

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

I did the 10 pro upgrade on a workstation we weren't to worried about.

Everything went fine, except Norton that comes with the Comcast Business internet apparently isn't compatible, so it did not upgrade Norton.

But I guess a couple restarts late or so, the NOTIFICATIONS on the right popped up and said the current Norton isn't compatiable and asked if I would liek to download and isnatll the new version that is compatiable.  It did it's thing and worked.  Note that it did start over with settings, so you will have to redo them if need be.  i.e. scan compressed files for virus OFF/ON, etc.

My account usage shows 3 of 3 Norton installs which I had before...so fine.

I am worried though when I go to a FRESH windows 10 Pro install from DVD/USB what will happen with it.  Hopefully it will not ask for more license purchases.

MAYBE TRY THIS?!:

http://updatecenter.norton.com/

ugggh...maybe not?  : /

well... can only upgrade my residential plan by reinstalling immediately.

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

So much for "BUSINESS CLASS".  and at the "Speed" of business... i dunno, but mty business isn't SLOOOW.

Residential worked fine after reinstall manually... 1 got one client workstation to automatically update...but the rest nothing yet...what's the deal?  I have to get AV on these systems FIRST...not last.

What I also need to know, is what will happen to the licenses we have now when I do a FRESH reinstall of WIndows 10 Pro?  Am I going to lose Norton?

this MAY be the answer?:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v107701320_EndUserProfile_en_us

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

So according to Comcast_John this is reported to Upware support team on 5/4 and on 8/8 there is still no solution.  Makes you wonder how they define support!

New problem solver

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

for stuff like this, best to just call tech support...  the Upware people, and they give you that link above.  WHich worked for me on a computer here in the office that was on windows 8.1 pro, upgraded to Windows 10 pro.  The I made a DVD or USB and did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 using UEFI to do it right.

Go to the link, it will install, and if you have 3 licenses and 3 used.  It will ask which computer license of the 3 you want ti replace.  Before this will also ask for a pc name just for identification.  All works.  I have 3 licenses.  I have 2 more pc's to do fresh Windows 10 installs and will do the same for them for installing Norton.