Skip to content
marksscales's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 2:00 PM

Lost Ability to Edit Lists in Sharepoint

Has anyone else experienced the inability to make changes to Sharepoint lists recently without changing permission levels?  I am the admin for our site and I no longer am given the option to make changes or create new contacts or new events in our calendar.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Hello markssacles,

Welcome to the forum.

The community would like to help but can you clarify a few items for us?

1. When did this issue started?

2. Can you "sign in" to your Share Point site?

3. Do you get any errors while making any changes?

4. What is the Internet Browser you are using?

Thank you

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

This issue just recently happened - in the last week or two.  We can sign into Sharepoint without issue.  We have tried Firefox, Chrome and Explorer and all had the same issue.  We get an error message that says the user does not have permission to make the change, but in the both the list and site permission screens, all users show as having the ability to make changes and edits. 

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Marksscales,

Thank you for clarifying this issue, I appreciate it.

I've sent a refresh to all admin accounts, so please try to sign in and make changes to your share point site.

Please note that if you are already signed in:

1. Sign out

2. Clear Internet Browser cache

3. Sign in again and test.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I cleared the Internet Browser Cache after signing out and signed back in as instructed and I still have the same issue.  When I try to create an event in the Calendar - I get the same message that Access is Denied.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

marsscales,

Thank you for testing your account.

Normally a refresh should address this type of issues, but your case atypical.

Can you please send me the following information via private message so I may further assist?

1. Your Full Name

2. Your Account Number

3. Your primary email account for the My Account portal and the Share Point site.

4. A contact number with hours of availability.

Thank you