Skip to content
ibglfn9's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 17th, 2014 7:00 PM

change existing long email @company name.comcastbiz.net to domain name?

I am rather new to this and would appreciate the help. I have two email addresses from when I signed up for comcast biz that I have never used because the comcastbiz.net in combination with what I chose as part of this email is just too long. I also have a domain name with comcast that is also kind of long. I did create a web page with comcast with the domain name. I would like to revisit with a shorter domain name, and then use my new domain name for email by changing the two email boxes I have that never use.. So I guess my question is, can I just change what I had originally chosen to "new" as opposed to purchasing more?

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello ibgIfn9,

Welcome to the forum.

This is our online article on registering a custom domain through Comcast.

Register a custom domain

Thank you and if need further assistance, please post.

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the reply. I don't think my question is being answered. I have set up an account when I purchased comcast for my business. I didn't need to use the two free email accounts or the domain at the time. However, I now have a need and would like to change both. I know I can use an "alias" for my email address. I don't need any additional email addresses or domains, i would just like to change what I now already have. Is that possible?

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

ibglfn9,

Sorry for the late reply.

Technically the "alias" has to be created to make the "change" to your current email address.

For example:

Org Email address - user1@mydomain.comcastbiz.net  

Org Domain - mydomain.comcastbiz.net

- created when My Account service is enable.

To change the original email address.

1.You have to register a custom domain or transfer for your domain to Comcast

2. Create an alias email address for your current email address with comcastbiz.net

(Once the domain register or transfer is completed)

3. "change/switch" the name to the alias

For detail steps please use the following link - Create an alias for your Comcast Business email account

Thank you