Skip to content
SeamusO's profile

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, October 15th, 2015 1:00 PM

PFSense Settings

This is probably duplicated elsewhere, but this at least bumps this up a bit. Mileage may vary, but it was the solution that got things running.

My router is:

SuperServer 5015A-EHF-D525

4GB memory

80GB SSD

Add-on dual port NIC

Pfsense 2.2.4 (as of this post)

Onboard NIC

Port 1 - IPV4 LAN

Port 2 - IPV6 LAN

Add-on NIC

Port 1 - IPV4 WAN

Port 2 - IPV6 WAN

IPV4 /29 static block

Netgear CG3000DCR

I am going to assume this will work correctly for a single WAN and a single LAN port sharing IPV4/IPV6

Interfaces -> WAN -> IPV6 Config Type -> DHCP6

Interfaces -> WAN -> DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation size -> 60  (this is what made it work for me)

Interfaces -> LAN -> IPV6 Config Type - Track Interface

Interfaces -> LAN -> IPV6 Prefix ID - 0

I had been fighting this for months with no success, came across a posting on the PFSsense boards ( https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=98044.msg546082#msg546082) and as soon as I set the /60, all of my connections began working. Hope it helps.

Problem solver

• 

326 Messages

9 years ago

Per the RFC https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3633 there is no size your supposed to be using.

The netgear's appear hard coded to hand back a /60 - if you leave that at 0 then the Netgear will delegate a /60.

If pfsense does not work with that set to 0 then you have a bug in pfsense.

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

For others trying to get pfsense to work with CG3000DCR and the LAN wont get an IPv6 IP, change the network id prefix to "a" or something within the range.  I set pfsense up just as OP mentioned except having one NIC for both v4 and v6 and LAN nic wont get IPv6  and devices connected to it would not either.  After changing network prefix id to "a", LAN nic got IPv6 from DHCP6 on netgear.  If you have multiple NICs, like one for wireless, you'll need to use a different network id anyhow as pfsense will complain otherwise.