Skip to content
360supercomputers's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 8:00 AM

over 48 hours with no response on reverse dns on ipv6

Ive been patiently waiting for a response from Comcast's tier 3 or level 3 tech team to assign reverse dns or delegation to my ipv6 static address, ive not got a response, or  that comcast is doing anything on this matter. They need to give us business customers access to submit and change DNS records or hire more support on resolving these types of issues. Several times I have called in and been told that ipv6 DNS records were not handled by the comcast support team, after finding this forum i see and find other wise, i hope they can get to us soon, i need my servers up and running, I have critical business infrastructure that relies on these type of services. Please Comcast take care of this, Ive setup several clients and my current business on your services.

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, William! We are very grateful for your business and patience. You are awesome for allowing us to be your internet service provider! In reviewing the account, I am seeing that the Reverse DNS request that I personally submitted on my end to our Advance Repair team on 05/18/20 is still assigned and will be resolved within the next 24 hours. I agree that we should give our wonderful business customers a self-service option for making this change and I will certainly pass along this feedback. We want nothing more than to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible to get your servers up and running. I will reach out and attempt to get this resolved for you today and will follow up with you as soon as I have an update.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Domain-Names-Static-IP/Provide-service-agreement-details-regarding-PTR-and-RFC2317-PTR/m-p/40713/highlight/true#M3446

is it true you will not support rdns to business class customers. via the link above. it looks like i would have to be on enterprise to do get this service.

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

4 years ago

I am glad to help! In reviewing the link above, I have confirmed that this is referring to something more than a simple reverse DNS request. What this link is referring to is a RDNS with prefix delegation/ zone delegation with ipv6, which would require our Enterprise service. We do have the option to setting you up with our Enterprise or Cloud solutions services, which do have more advanced support options available.