Skip to content
rhashemian's profile

New problem solver

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 12:00 PM

ipv6

considering that comcast is part of the ipv6 launch today, are you offering ipv6 to static ip customers? just curious

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

jonrusho, welcome to the Forum.  I have updated the Product Management Team with your request.

Thank you

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome to the Business Forum and thank you for the post.  At this time the rollout dates for IPV6 for Business customers has not been announced.  We will place new information concerning business offerings in the announcements section of the Forum.  Please check back for updates.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

The SMCD3G in its retail version has IPv6 support, as well as a number of other features (VPN termination, SNMP access) that are removed in the Comcast version of the firmware for this device. Will Comcast be remotely upgrading these devices to newer firmware to enable IPv6 and will any additional functionality be enabled?

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

rxtxlabs, welcome to the Forum.  As IPV6 functionality and support becomes available in additional markets Comcast will remotely update the SMCD3G firmware.  Currently, Comcast Product Management has not announced plans to offer VPN Termination and SNMP access as part of the product offering.  As additional products and services are announced we will post the information under the announcements thread.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Comcast_John,

Could you please forward this on to Sales and Product Management as an request to support the following:

* IPv6 for Business class service distibuting a /64 to the gateway device

* Unlock the full functionality of the SMCD3G device including, but not limited to:

** VPN Termination

** SNMP statistics gathering

** Firewall Logging (e.g. ability to send firewall logs to a syslog server)

Thanks,

-john

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

rstxlabs

I have updated the Product Management team with your request. New service offerings as well as additional features and functionality will be posted under the announcements thread.

Thank you

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Comcast_John,

Please pass along another request to Product Management from a Business customer for IPv6 support.  I'd also like the service and to avoid using my HE tunnels.

Thanks

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Another request from a static-IP user for IPv6 support.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome auspicacious.  We have updated Product Management with your information.

Thank you

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

12 years ago

I am also eagerly awaiting IPv6 support.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

rcsheets, We have updated Product Management with your information.  Please continue to check in for updates.

Thank you

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Ready for IPV6 and tired of the tunnels...

Willing and able to participate on the first available business beta. I can afford to have issues without any costs to my business being encountered, so bring it on.

My hardware is all IPV6 ready to go!

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm also looking forward to IPv6 support (and dropping my tunnels).  I would like to request support for multiple /64s though, as it would make configuring my firewall easier ("green" net that isn't allowed to have incoming connections, "red" net that is)

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Can I get Ipv6 addresses?

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome to the Business Forum and thank you for the post.  At this time the rollout dates for IPV6 for Business customers has not been announced.  We will place new information concerning business offerings in the announcements section of the Forum.  Please check back for updates. 

Thank You