Skip to content
digilink's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 1:00 PM

IPV6 trials... no IPV6 provisioning/connectivity

This may not be the right place, but I have sent three emails to the IPV6 to get some visibility on this issue and have yet to receive a response. I was sent a Netgear CG3000DCR gateway to begin the IPV6 trial for business customers in my area.

The problem is, I have no IPV6 connectivity, the gateway does not even appear to be provisioned for IPV6 per the status screen. This was supposedly to work out of the box and all that is working is IPV4. 

Can anyone help!!??

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome digilink.  I apologize for the delay.  I will forward your info to the IPv6 Team.

Thank you

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Digilink.   Update: I’ve heard from the team and they mentioned they are engaged.  Thanks again for being an active participant in the trial and please post again if you have questions.

Thank You

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I have the EXACT same problem. I received my modem yesterday and the Comcast support technician on the phone could not figure out the issue. To make matters worse theywasted my time by having a tech visit my residence. Long story short, I wasted valuable hours of time only to learn neither of them could solve the problem. Suggest Comcast use workflows to alert TIER 1 whenever beta testing conditions exist.

To make matters worse, the Comcast reps on the phone, and in person talked badly about the Netgear and said Comcast was replacing them with Motorola and Cisco devices soon. I don't mind beta testing, but you might want to direct your employees to be a bit more tactful about bad mouthing your organization.

I don't mind being a Comcast test monkey, but at least give me a specialized card in the box with a special support POC in the future.

Any truth to the Cisco/Motorola rumor John? 

Please Assist!