Skip to content
rdamazio's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 15th, 2021 10:41 AM

IPv6 prefix not routing

Like others, I'm having trouble with IPv6 routing - no matter how I set it up, I can't get subnets within my /56 (or the lower /59) to route into my router. DHCPv6-PD does work, in the sense that once a prefix is assigned, it gets routed, but other addresses within my /56 or /59 do not route, and the only thing my router gets for attempts to reach those is a anycast neighbor solicitation multicast message. Since the PD prefixes change randomly over the time even with a fixed DUID, I'd like instead to manage my own prefixes within the broader prefix that Comcast assigns me, and just get the whole /56 or /59 routed to my own router (i.e. have it set as next hop).

What I'm seeing seems very similar to this other post, notably point (1):

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/conversations/ipv6/ipv6-prefix-delegation-workaround-and-lingering-reliability-issues/5fe0a64fc5375f08cd9aba6d

How can I do this?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @rdamazio! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send a private message with your full name, business name, and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the "Comcast Business" handle and select “Send a message”.