Skip to content
gstanley79's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 12:00 PM

CG3000DCR stalls at random

My  CG3000DCR seems to lock up at random, not forwarding traffic. The interface to the modem is unreachable, the modem doesn't respond to ICMP requests, the only solution is to power cycle it. 

Today Marks the 4th time within 30 days I've had to power cycle it to get it to provide layer2/3 to my network.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

3 more stalls in the last 24 hours. Modem is unreachable via ping, and connections. A power cycle allows it to start working.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Ok, another stall this time, with only downstream light on the modem blinking. I've even reset the modem to factory, and it still locks up at least 2 times a day. I was on IPv6 trial, but I haven't gotten IPv6 to work because the modem doesn't route IPv6 traffic to/from it with directly connected devices. 

This is unaccetaple for my business. 

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Did you finally get a solution to your problem? I am dealing with this EXACT same issue.

Modem locking up "APPEARS" to be a common thread both on and off the IPV6 beta forums. If you're on the IPV6 beta don't waste your time calling tech support, you should have special email contacts.

Comcast John was helpful and got me in touch with the right people. As with anything that says "BETA", it implies your willing to eat some dogfood. Best advice I can give is be patient and provide as much detail to the techs as possible.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, i finally found a solution, replaced modem with my old trusty DOCSIS 2.0 modem. No outages since.

These modems are all problematic, even the older SMC modems are crippled (limited NAT translation tables will cause software forwarding, killing your modem) 

These newer netgears have tons of switching power, but the firmware is still buggy. The IPv6 codebase in the modem never worked right at all (DHCP-PD didn't work downstream to other layer2/3 devices). Not only that, there is no way to actually 'console' into it from the customer side to at least do some simple debugging.