Skip to content
jerephil's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 11:00 AM

Advanced Support closed my ticket with "We do not support IPV6"

So yesterday I opened a ticket as I was getting a /64 via prefix delegation to the LAN side of my firewall, but while traffic was passing through the firewall, there was no return traffic from the gateway. Additionally, my gateway doesn't show any prefix delegations listed. (Nor do I even know if it should?)

The initial tech had me on hold for quite some time before escalating it. I normally like escalations as Tier 2 seems competent, but this morning I woke up to this email from them:

"Good morning, 

This is Comcast Business Advance Technical Support. We have completed your ticket

Unfortunately we do not support IPV6. We cannot assist with any IPV6 configurations.

Our router does give IPV6 addresses, but we cannot edit this feature. We advised our customers to disable their IPV6 protocol in their network adapter or they can buy their own router to configure and manage IPV6

Please call us at 1800-391-3000 if you have any questions"

All I want is to get IPv6 working natively without having to use a tunnel... I'm in the Seattle area and would love to get static addressing, but can't figure out if I am getting static subnets or not. Has anyone else encountered this?

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Static IPv6 has been launched in your area to all customers with static IPv4 and a Comcast Business Wireless Gateway or Netgear CG3000 DCR.  If you meet that criteria the IPv6 prefix your gateway has been delegated is a static prefix.  Additionally the static IPv6 prefix assigned to the gateway will be a /56.