Skip to content
GLCS's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014 9:00 AM

Upgraded to the DPC3939B

We upgraded to new DPC3939B gateway a couple weeks ago and now we are having internet preformance and remote conectivity issues.  Previously we were using the Comcast supplied SMC gateway with no issues.  I am not using the gateway in bridge mode.  Our server is handeling DHCP so that is disabled on the gateway.  We also dont have a static IP.  Since the upgrade to the new modem we have alot of hanging issues with accessing websties and downloading files.  We use Logmein for remote access to the facility and its impossible to stay connected for more than about 3 minutes at a time.  Nothing was changed with our internal network when the gateway was upgraded.  Once the new gateway was installed i just changed its IP address and disabled DHCP.  I also opened up a port for our video camera system.  At this point I am trying to figure out if have a configuration problem or a problem with the gateway?  Any advice would be appreciated.  I haven't called into support yet..

Billy

Occasional Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

If you don't have a static IP when WHY do you have a gateway?

just get a plain modem for dynamic IP use.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

maybe because he doesn't have a router, and so needs an all in one cause of that?

OP in any case, a separate customer-owned modem and customer-owned router is generally more ideal. you'll also get the now $12 rental fee taken off your bill. i will say that i have noticed no issues with my DPCs installed a both my personal locations and others that i help manage for work.