Skip to content
flszen's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 9:00 AM

Unable to return my rented modem at local Service Center?

I switched to a customer-owned modem last week and tried to return the modem to the Comcast service center that's a few minutes away from where I work. The guy I spoke with there said that they couldn't accept the return because I lived in a different area and I had to return it to a service center that was in my area. Does that sound right? I was under the impression that any service center could accept returned equipment.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi flszen.  I apologize the problem you've encountered with returning the equipment. Comcast Business Equipment can be returned to any Comcast Service Center. Additional return options are listed below.  

Business Services Equipment Return Options

• Return to a Service Center - Customers can return equipment to any Comcast service centers. Customers should retain their receipt when returning equipment to a Service Center.
  • Technician Visit - Customers can request that a Comcast technician retrieve leased equipment.
  • Customers Shipping Equipment - Customers can choose to ship equipment via a standard delivery service (USPS, UPS, Fedex) to a Comcast Service center. (Comcast will not reimburse the customer for any shipping charges.)

Please let us know if additional assistance is needed to resolve this issue.

Thank You

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello fiszen,

To setup a technician visit please contact our main support line at: 1-800-391-3000.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

HI,

Thanks for the quick response—how can I go about getting a technician visit set up? I think that would be the easiest at this point.

Thanks,

James

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, I was able to have a tech visit set up to pick up the leased modem via the tech support phone menu option.

Thanks,
James

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Great to hear and thank you for updating all of us at the community!

If you have any other question or can help the community, please post.
We look forward to your presence in the forum!

Thank you