Skip to content
solaritymh's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 9:00 AM

Unable to disable public wifi hotspot on Gateway even in bridge mode

Hello,

We are having some wifi issues here and it seems to be that all channels (2.4 and 5ghz) are a bit congested. Trying to disable the public wifi hotspot on my business gateway DPC3939B -- I went to account settings and disabled hotspot. I then called tech support who said it is disabled. But it is still there. Called again, they still say it's disabled. I'm using Wifi Explorer on mac to see all networks, bssid, etc. and standing right in front of the Comcast gateway I'm getting 100% signal strength from 2 xfinity networks (2.4 and 5ghz). I unplug the gateway and the networks disappear. I brought my own wifi router from home, put the Gateway into bridge mode, and the xfinity wifi networks are still there even though private wifi is disabled and wifi lights on the gateway are not lit up. What's the deal with this thing? I was about to call tech support again but figured they would just say the same thing. I don't want to pay for my own modem so thought I would post here and see if anyone has any idea how to actually get xfinity wifi hotspot disabled on the Gateway? 

Thanks!

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Nevermind. I called support again, escalated the issue, and they were able to change something. No more wifi hotspot. Such a pain.