Skip to content
divbenefits's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 6:00 PM

True Bridge Mode

Hello,

I recently switched from AT&T U-verse to Comcast Business Class. The purpose of the change was to avoid the "double NAT" setup imposed by AT&T's gateway hardware.

Before I switched, I asked our customer service rep if we would be able to place the Comcast equipment in true bridge mode to avoid double NATing. He said yes.

I have been able to place the Comcast gateway in "pass through/quasi bridge" mode. However, I am still having trouble being behind the double NAT.

Other users in the forum have had Tier 2 tech support place their gateways in true bridge mode. I would like to have my gateway similarly placed in true bridge mode. The downtime necessary to accomplish this is acceptable for me.

Please let me know how I might have my gateway placed in true bridge mode.

Thank you,
Rick

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi divbenefits.  Bridged Devices are not capable of utilizing fixed static IP address on the Comcast Network.  With Static IP addressing, you can disable the DHCP on the Gateway and assign the static directly to your router/firewall.  See this post from forum member Gregw on his setup.

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/SMC-business-class-gateway-in-bridge-mode-with-Static-IPs/m-p/11115#M1287 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank You