Administrator

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

Monday, December 1st, 2014 8:00 AM

Troubleshooting Credit Card Security & PCI Compliance

Troubleshooting Credit Card Security & PCI Compliance

What is PCI?

The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of information security standards that all organizations that process, store, or transmit cardholder information must adhere to and it is required to ensure a secure transaction environment.

You should begin with contacting your Credit Card processing company and request the following information:

1. Which port(s) needs to be secured on my network to be PCI compliant?
  2. Once my network is fully compliant with PCI Standards, how is the assessment done?
    1. Once the assessment certifies my network as PCI compliant, how long will this certification last?
    2. When will my next assessment test be due?

Securing ports on your Comcast Business device

For (SMC/Netgear) IP-Gateway:

1. Log in to the Comcast Business Gateway by entering: http://10.1.10.1 (default)

The Comcast Business IP-Gateway screen will display

- The default username/password: cusadmin/highspeed

- Please note to change the default password for network security.

1. In the main setup menu:
    1. Click the Firewall Option, then
    2. Click the Port Configuration Tab
    3. Select the Port Blocking sub-menu
    4. Secure/block the port(s) that your Credit Card processing company has advised for the PCI compliance.

To add a new port blocking rule:

1. Click add new. The Port Blocking add/new screen will display.

2. Type an application name in the Application Name field to identify this rule.

3. Enter the logical port range in the Port Range fields.

4. Select the appropriate Protocol from the drop-down menu.

5. Enter the IP address range in the LAN IP Address Range fields

(Click Connected Computers to view the IP addresses of the computers connected to your gateway).

6. Click apply. Your new port blocking rule will be added to the port blocking table.

For (Cisco) IP-Gateway:

For business account customers with Cisco DPC3939B, please either –

• Visit our Comcast Support Community at business.comcast.com/forums to contact our forums administrators for assistance (support during business days/hours only, allow 72 hours for response)
  • Call our 24x7 support team at 800-391-3000.

For customers with a stand-alone surf-board modem:

Please identify your network routing device and contact your IT security person to add the block ports requested by your Credit Card processing company for PCI compliance.

Once the requested ports are secured:

1. Contact your Credit Card processing company to perform an assessment test for PCI compliance acceptance.

No Responses!