Skip to content
ajafar's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 13th, 2015 10:00 AM

Three times I called Comcast Business, three times they couldn't activate my SB6141

Currently a comcast business customer, have been for more than 3 years and have been very happy with comcast ever since.

I decided to up our bandwidth and to save a little bit of money, purchased two SB6141 White in Retail Packaging from Costco stores, one for my business, one for my home.

Yesterday I called Comcast Business support to add the modem to my account and the tech told me the MAC ID was not registered in the system, and they tried to force it to register and failed. We got disconnected and I didn't get a call back.

Called back a 2nd time, went through the whole process, the phone tech went through the same process, took the MAC ID and Serial Number, said the same thing as the first tech and created a ticket for me to have someone from level 2 contact me. Said I'd get a phone call within 2 hours. Didn't get a phone call.

Called back a 3rd time today. Proceeded to talk to another technician who insisted he could help me, ignored the existing ticket that's in the system for my issue, spent another 45 minutes trying to get it to work only to say "You need a Retail version of the SB6141" to which I informed him that I have a retail box, with the white modem, the box even says "Time Warner//Comcast/Xfinity//Cright House Network//COX on the box.

He kept insisting I go return the modem and get the SB6121, then I told him to escalate this issue and he said "I don't see the first support ticket anywhere and no one is going to be able to help you out."

I told him to create another ticket and escalate it, he said "Someone will get back to you in 3 business days".

Not sure what's going on with the business phone support but this is not how you treat your customers, especially your business customers.

Could someone here help me out with this issue?

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Word to the wise, comcast will not activate a self owned modem if you have a static ip address. Wish I would have known that before being on the phone for 4 hours.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello ajafar,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the poor experience you had with our support.

As you have kindly updated the forum community, in order to use a static IP range a Comcast IP-Gateway is needed.

Thank you and if you have any other question or can help the community, please post.