Skip to content
TSBLC's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 7:00 AM

Switched Provider's Dead VPN Netgear CG3000DCR

Switched from a previous provider for the speed comcast could offer. I have tried just about everything in my power on this modem to let our VPN work as it did before. I disabled DHCP assigned the gateway that I wanted along with the subnet mask. I have done this for our previous provider and it works fine. Not understanding what I am missing or what I need to do to make this work. I have been through the forums, but have seen about 5 different fixes. We have a Cisco Router that handles our VPN/DHCP. My question is, Do I need to set this modem to "True Bridge Mode" or do I need to get a static IP. I have called a couple times, the tech's keep telling me its on my end. That I should contact my router company and that the modem is fine. I find that hard to believe when I can plug in my DSL line (That's still active while I'm on my 30 day trial) with the same setting's I am assigning this one. Yet, I get different results. Any light shed on this would be terrific. Thank you.

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

After talking with customer support again. They tell me that my modem is already in "true bridge mode". I find that very hard to believe. All they seemed to do was disable DHCP. Any help would be great...

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi TSBLC.   We can place the Netgear in "true bridge mode" so that it will pass the public IP to your router.  A static IP is not compatible with bridge devices on the Comcast network.  Please let us know if you want your Netgear device to bridge mode.   Thank You