Skip to content
Technicalleigh's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 31st, 2015 8:00 PM

Support request: true bridge mode

Hi, I need assitance please with putting my SMC D3G Gateway into true bridge mode. (Passthrough mode won't suffice for my needs.) I do not have any static IP addresses. Phone support has been of no help, and I'm not able to send a private message to Comcast_John for some reason.

If someone with the power and the know-how could contact me, I'd very much appreciate it!

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Techincalleigh,

Welcome to the forum.

I've set the IP-Gateway to the bridge mode as requested.

Please power cycle your network device to obtain the WAN IP address.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Excellent, thanks so much for the assistance!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem.

I currently have a CISCO RV325 router with dual wan balancing. I want to configure my Comcast connection to run on WAN two but the modem/router/switch SMCD3G-CCR does not have a passthrough or bridge mode. I pay for a static IP and everything. But I need the modem to pass through so my router can handle the rest. How do I go about getting comcast to change the settings on  my modem?

Chuck 

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

@cclemens , if you have a static IP then the SMC should be passing your traffic through directly. Having a static IP means your modem can't be put into bridge mode, but it shouldn't matter as the modem should just forward packets to/from any static IP-configured device with no NAT/performance hit. In your case, you should configure WAN2 on the RV325 with your static IP values.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have done that but it does not work. I do not have a straight modem as I said I have a modem/router/switch combo. It wants to use DHCP and assign IP's. Even turning off all the functionality of the components to just make the modem essentially "PASSTHROUGH" the IP does not work. Unless I somehow have the values wrong but I fetched them right off the modem before turning off DHCP. And since I have another company's working just fine on WAN 1 I figure it has something more to do with the SMCD3G unit not being a true BRIDGE. Since there are many many posts that have Comcast making the equipment into straight through modems I figure that is what I need.