Skip to content
Tami_KensMobile's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 1:00 PM

SMC8014 Port Forwarding Problems

I recently had security cameras installed and I need to port forward ports 80, 8000, and 1024 to access them remotely.

Untitled.png

Those are my port forwarding rules. There is no other modem/router/firewall in-between. When I test the ports from either a LAN or WAN address, it is still closed. 10.1.10.12 is the local IP address of my DVR, and I can access it locally, just not through the external IP address. Is there something I missed, or is there some fix for this that I haven't found yet?

Thanks in advance.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Welcome Tami_kensmobile.  The info provided shows a correct set-up for for your port forwarding rules. The gateway is set-up to allow all traffic, make sure the DVR is set to allow remote access and that there is no access filter.

Thank You

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The DVR is set up for remote access. Even if I try to port forward on another computer in the office it doesn't work, which leads me to believe it's a problem with the gateway and not the DVR.

EDIT:

I did a test, ran a server on my PC and opened the port. Port 80 opened while I had the server up. I now know the problem is on the DVR's end, contrary to what the company that installed the cameras told me.