Skip to content
The's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 10th, 2015 3:00 PM

Setup of Business Internet in Residential

Has anyone setup Business internet in a residential area? If so, I would like to know what exactly comcast people do when they come to install/activate it. It's $50, so if I can do it myself then I don't want to be screwed over. I would be getting the 50Mbps Business internet and I currently have a Asus RT-AC87R Dual-Band AC2400 router and a Motorola SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Model: SB6121. I already have 50Mbps internet with residential Comcast but must switch due to their asinine data cap.

So if anyone has made the switch, I'd love to know if it is possible for your to self set it up.

Thank you!

I spoke to a comcast rep but his answer was exactly what I would expect from comcast and very diluted obscure answer.

His response is below :

Business Guidelines for Install

1. Line tested with Speed.
  2. Modem to Be Provisioned with Business Team.
  3. Line replacement if the Reliability is not there with the setup you have now.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I have business at a residence. The only way I coudl get the install fee waived was by signing a 3 YEAR contract; otherwise, there would have to be an install fee of $100. However, each franchise operates slightly differently, so what worked for me may not work for you.