Skip to content
evazquez00's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2019 3:00 PM

Schedule a daily reboot?

Hoping someone can help.

Recently had my modem replaced (one of the ETH ports died) with the "new model".

I am finding that every day to day-and-a-half, the modem stops passing all WiFi traffic and shortly thereafter, all LAN traffic except through LAN Ethernet Port 1.  Once it stops passing traffic, DHCP also halts and will not allow existing clients to connect (even if they have a reservation), or issue IPs to new clients.

During all of this, status shows green across the board and no errors are seen in the logs.

A reboot of the modem fixes the problem for another day to day-and-a-half.

From what the technician said, this modem is so new that firmware /software updates are being rolled out "almost all the time", so until it stabilizes, reboot seems to be a reasonable workaround.

I'd like to automate this, so I'm hoping that someone can point me to the right WebUI area, or set me up for command line access if that's the only way.

Modem details:

Model: CGA4131COM
Vendor: Technicolor
Hardware Revision: 2.1
Serial Number: 290360127
Processor Speed: 1503 MHz
DRAM Total Memory: 1024 MB
DRAM Used Memory: 447 MB
DRAM Available Memory: 577 MB
Flash Total Memory: 512 MB
Flash Used Memory: 1 MB
Flash Available Memory: 23 MB
eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: CM DOCSIS Application - Prod_17.20_d31 & MTA Application - Prod_17.2
Software Image Name: CGA4131COM_3.1p17s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: CGA4131COM
Packet Cable: 2.0

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

I know how impactful any service disruption can be. I am happy to assist with the service concerns. Can you please reach out through private message with the name, address and phone number on the account? 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

PM sent with same subject.

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

5 years ago

We got your message! I look forward to speaking with you shortly.