Skip to content
nojorge's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 3rd, 2014 9:00 AM

Reset password for Business Gateway

I changed the password for my Comcast Business Gateway last week and I've forgotten it. I called and the representative reset it for me, but when I attempted to log in after the call, I was still unabled to get in. [Removed] 

username: cusadmin

password: highspeed

Could someone reset the password for me again?

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

Hello nojorge welcome to the forum,

Your password has been reset to default, please let me know if any issues come up.

Thank you

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Jacob, thank you for helping me.

I'm sure this is going to start looking like a "user" issue from your perspective, but I still can't login. 🙂 But maybe I'm missing something?

I changed the LAN IP on the gateway to 192.168.0.1 because the 10.1.10.0/24 subnet is used on our internal network. So I'm going to 192.168.0.1 and I get the Comcast Business Gateway login screen. I then enter:

username: cusadmin

password: highspeed

And after hitting login, I get:

Is there anything I'm missing?

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

The LAN IP was still set to 10.1.10.1 for some reason so I swapped it to 192.168.0.1. So now try it again and make sure you are plugged directly into the modem and if you have anything else plugged into the modem like a switch of firewall you might need to unplug it. Let me know if it gives you any issues.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

Yes please send me a private message with the MAC and Serical Number.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Jacob,

Hmm. That doesn't seem right, it was definitely responding on 192.168.0.1 (and still is). But I did just power-cycle the gateway, and connected directly to it (just the gateway and my laptop, directly connected). It is still responding (on 192.168.0.1), with Incorrect Login.

It almost seems like the representative I spoke with earlier and you are both accessing a different device than the one I actually have. Could there by some kind of error in our records where you are accessing something else?

I have the MAC and Serial Number from the bottom of our gateway if you'd like me to send it to you.

Thank you for your ongoing help!

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

10 years ago

Nojorge,

Thank you for the follow up I'm glad to hear that it is working now!