Skip to content
NewBeginningsCOG's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2019 8:00 AM

Request for cusadmin password reset

I've inherited the IT duties here and I attempted to use the default "highspeed" password to login, but it was incorrect so someone must have changed it at some point and didn't write it down. I'd like to have it reset if possible.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

@NewBeginningsCOG wrote:

I've inherited the IT duties here and I attempted to use the default "highspeed" password to login, but it was incorrect so someone must have changed it at some point and didn't write it down. I'd like to have it reset if possible.

Hey there!

Welcome to the forums! Happy to have you here! Thanks for posting about your modem log in issues. Highspeed is one of the passwords for logging into a Comcast business modem. Can you also try: CantTouchThis?

Let me know if that works? If not, we'll try a reset!

Ken

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hey I tried CantTouchThis and it did not work either unfortunately.

Thanks for helping!

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

@NewBeginningsCOG wrote:

Hey I tried CantTouchThis and it did not work either unfortunately.

Thanks for helping!

No worries. What kind of modem are you working with? Is it a business wireless gateway like the DPC3939B?

Ken

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It is Model #DPC3941B

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for confirming! Sorry for the delay! I got your private message and will follow up with you there.

For additional reference, there is a small pin hole in the back of your BWG:

A momentary pressing (1-2 seconds) of this switch restarts the device. Pressing and holding the switch for more than ten seconds first causes a reset-to-factory-default of all settings and then restarts the device.

Ken