Skip to content
plantationsda's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 6:00 PM

Problems accessing the SMC D3G Diagnostics page

We received a replacement SMC D3G modem last week.  Initially, I was unable to login to the modem at 10.1.10.1 with Firefox (it either ignored or reported invalid password for all login attempts).  However, I was able to login w/Chrome for several days.

Today, neither Chrome nor Firefox are able to access the web server at the 10.1.10.1 address (both browsers just remain in a permanent loading state).  The modem is pingable though and all upload/downloads take place without incident--just can't get into diags any more).

Two questions:

1. Are there any known compatibility issues accessing this modem's diagnostics w/Firefox?
  2. At this point, if I need to access diags, is my only solution to power cycle the modem?

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello plantationsda,

There shouldn't be any conflict with Firefox with our diagnostic page.

For the community can tell us whether you bring the login page to show on firefox and chrome at all or you get a "blank" page?

Thank you

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Originally, we got a login page on Firefox but it wouldn't take any passwords.  Eventually, it got to the point where there wasn't even a blank page.  Both Firefox & Chrome got into a peramently loading state and never completed loading the page.  I specified an invalid port # and the attempt was rejected.

We power cycled the modem and both Firefox & Chrome were able to access diagnostics.  My guess is the web server on the modem got into a bad state and it had nothing to do with Firefox.