Skip to content
ethanmaass's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, March 20th, 2017 8:00 AM

Previously working port forwarding on Cisco router, stopped working

My Cisco DP3939B provided by Comcast has had a number of port forwardind and trigger rules working fine for a couple of years. Sudden, yesterday morning at about 4am it all stopped working. There are few systems/devices which apparently don't rely on open ports which are still accepting incoming connections, such as a wifi enabled thermostat and my voip phone (ringcentral).  But all three of my camera systems no longer work, nor does a radio over IP system (RoIP).

Upon initial arrival at my office this morning nothing worked, no internet connection at all. I restarted the router/modem and general internet connection is back but there is no improvement in the port forwarding issue.

If I trigger a full reset to factory settings, I will lose all of the port forwarding rules, correct? Should I do that? What next?

Ethan

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Well, it would appear that after more than three years with the same IP address, Comcast finally changed my IP address. I had a custom hostname pointed at the IP address which I used for five or six different services, all utilizing different ports to keep things straight. I guess the IP address changed yesterday morning, breaking all of my office connectivity. Now tht I've discovered that, it's just a matter of updating the DNS for my hostname and waiting for the new IP address to propogate.