Skip to content
my-spot's profile

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 12:00 PM

Port Forwarding for Static IPs?

I have a static ip 5 pack on a DPC3941B. My static ip range is xxx.xxx.xxx.209 through 213 plus 214 used by the gateway. If I use Advanced->Port Forwarding it will only forward ports incoming on the 214 address. Is there a way to do a (similar) Port Forwarding on the 5 static ips?

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, my-spot! The Comcast Modem can only manage port rules for private addresses being managed by the Comcast Modem (private LAN DHCP.) Port rules are generally not set up behind a public address. If you have any more questions and would like me to take a deeper look at your Comcast Business Network settings, send me your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

6 years ago

Hi my-spot! Is the gateway a rented one from us? 

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, it is a comcast supplied DPC3941B...

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

If this comes up again, I was able to solve this by using a spare Windows server and the following command...

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=90 listenaddress=192.168.1.212 connectport=90 connectaddress=192.168.2.5

The I NAT the router to send the one public IP's to 192.168.1.212 and using the above command the server can send it anywhere I need. Simple, Easy, and it worked...

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for posting the solution, my-spot! We really appreciate it 🙂 If you happen to need anything in the future you can always send us a private message, but for now thanks so much for letting us know and I hope you have a lovely day!