Skip to content
BZR's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016 9:00 AM

Our server died suddenly; new one isn't connecting

Our old server died suddenly and we have a new one, but it's not connecting properly. (We have Comcast business.and a Netgear CG3000. Old server was Windows Essentials and new one is Windows 2012R2.)

There is a dearth of info about the old server--no records kept. I don't know a lot about the settings, but we're just throwing this out there: Where's a good place to start figuring out what the old device did and where the new one and the cable modem are conflicting?

Problem solver

• 

326 Messages

8 years ago

You have to contact a local computer IT servicing group and establish a relationship with a tech.  I'm betting money that no backups were kept, either.   I definitely understand the desire to save money but the reality is that you took your chances and you lost.   Many in your position took their chances and won - but you didn't.   So the quicker you face it and call for help the better for you.  We all win some and lose some.

A competent tech shouldn't have too much trouble sorting things out for you.   As far as Server 2012R2/Comcast modem conflicts - to put it politely, do you honestly think that MicroSquash did not test their flagship server product with one of the largest cable companies in the country?   There is no such conflict.