Skip to content
JLH's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 7:00 PM

Opening ports 3389 & 7069

I am using the Comcast Business Router.  I have 2 servers on my network that need to be accessed thru RDP.  One is one the normal 3389 port and the other is on port 7069.  I have added the ports in Port Management and setup forwarding to the internal IP addresses for each server under Port Forwarding.  When I try to RDP to either server, I get the message that Remote Access Service is not running.

I can RDP locally on the LAN to either server.  I also have another remote control program on one server and when I login, the Remote Access Service is running.  RDP access is enabled and I have added port 7069 as an inbound rule on the firewall and changed the port number in the registry.  The server has been restarted.

What else do I need to do on the Comcast Router to get RDP access to my servers?

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Were you able to resolve this issue? I just switched to comcast and am having the same issues and am getting no support from Comcast.  If I can't get this resolved within the first 30 days of service, I will be forced to move back to a slower DSL but where I know RDP works. Any help with resolving the issue would be greatly apprciated.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to assist with your port forward concerns. Can you please reach out through private message with the name, address and phone number on the account? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Michelle can you assist me? Same issue.

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Hello @user_ba86c3 and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Can you create an original post with the details of your issue. This thread is pretty old.