Skip to content
ewatts420's profile

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 3:00 PM

Offline devices list not going away

I noticed months back that after a while, old devices no longer connected would disappear from the Offline list. However I have a few of them in the Offline list are not going away. They have been in the list for over a month now. Is there any way to remove them? Disconnecting them only blocks them. I do not want to block them, I just want to setup new IP's in the LAN for them. It is impossible to edit the IP for them while offline. I have a different LAN IP setup now than I did when I set them up. I need them cleared so I can set them up again. If I reset to factory default, it will turn on the public wifi which I do not want. Any ideas?

I have already tried rebooting my modem. Also have even unplugged it for a couple minutes and that did not work either.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi ewatts76! Thank you for reaching out about the devices being stuck in the Offline list. I'd like to take a look in the systems to see if maybe we can remove them for you. Please click on our handle, ComcastBiz_Support, and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, as well as the list of the MAC addresses that are stuck. 

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Any word on this? If I 'remove' a device it just gets blocked.  I have a feeling this is the root of our printer email problem, but until I figure the blocking/removing part, I'm kind of stuck.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hey there! Thank you so much for your time and patience. I am sorry to learn about the possible root cause of your printer email problem. I definitely understand the importance of getting the blocking/removing part issue resolved. One option I would like to recommend is the factory reset. The public Wi-Fi will turn on but we will be able to just turn it right back off. How does this sound? -Gabriel

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I guess that would be alright but I wonder though, if I save a backup of the configuration prior to reset, would reinstalling that configuration create the problem again? We have various port mapping settings that would need to carry over.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

A factory reset would remove all the configurations you have set up for the network, so let's save that as the last step. If you go to the Connected Devices by logging into the modem, does it give you the option to Edit? Depending on the device, there may also be a setting to manage the Device Discovery, which is what allows the gateway to find UPnP enabled devices, like a network printer, and opens the ports for them automatically if it's enabled.

View devices connected to your Comcast Business Private WiFi network 

Configure Device Discovery for Your WiFi Network (this is a residential link, but is also applicable here)

If that doesn't help, please click on our handle (ComcastBiz_Support) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and a list of the devices that are stuck, so we can help. 

-Gina