Skip to content
TommyTosser's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 2:00 PM

Networking with cat6 and Comcast business class with 2 access points?

Hi, hoping you can help. I'm trying to help a friend setup Internet access all over his property including a large house and separate shop. He has business class (with voice) service currently and has ran cat6 to the A. P. Destinations. His gateway is the Dpc 3941B. The 2 A.P.s are a linksys E 2000 (upstairs) and Trend net TEW 690AP (shop). Both AP are connected to the gateway via cat6 Lan. My question is how do I set up this configuration within the individual router settings in order to cover all areas with access? Currently his service is great at the gateway, on and off upstairs via the E 2000 and in the shop via the TEW 690 the network broadcasts but provides no connectivity. I don't believe any settings have been tweaked yet, he's just connected everything by Lan and thinks it should work great, though I know that's never the case. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

Enable routing on the modem/router then set all the WiFi access points to "bridge" or "Access Point" or whatever disables NAT and routing on them.  Make sure the access points aren't grabbing a public IP address for their configuration interface.

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

could you please be more specific? There isnt just an option to enable routing