Skip to content
GSI's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 9:00 AM

Netgear Modem with Sonicwall NSA 2600

I am trying to setup my Sonicwall with Comcast modem (Netgear).

I have a static IP and I am entering it intop my Sonicwall port (Interface), and unfortunatly, doesn't work and no internet.

On the Netgear (Comcast Modem), I didabled everything (DHCP, Firewall, Routing, etc.), and still not working.

When I assign 10.1.10.100 to the sonicwall interface, the internet works.

I am fiine with, EXCEPT that I have site to site VPN connections, and doesn't work if I have private IP address to my sonicwall.

I have to have Public IP address for the VPN to work.

Any help please......

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi GSI. The routable Static IP for the Sonicwall device wil be the xxx.xxx.xxx.125. The default gateway will be the Comcast gateway device IP xxx.xxx.xxx.126.  the Comcast DNS servers IP address are 75.75.75.75  &&  75.75.76.76.  Subnet 255.255.255.252. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

so, which one should I eneter as the IP address and the which one is the Gateway into my sonicwall?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I think you had the IP and the Gateway backwards. If you are correct, then this is the issue.

I have the IP as .126 and the Gateway as .125.

Please confirm.

Thanks..

@Comcast_John wrote:

HI GSI. We show your static IP as  xxx.xxx.xxx,125 with a default gateway of xxx.xxx.xxx.126.  Network test does not indicate any IP conflicts.  Try assigning the IP to a PC directly connected to the Comcast gateway and test your internet access.  

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

HI GSI. We show your static IP as  xxx.xxx.xxx,125 with a default gateway of xxx.xxx.xxx.126.  Network test does not indicate any IP conflicts.  Try assigning the IP to a PC directly connected to the Comcast gateway and test your internet access.  

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi GSI.  Comcast utilizes the highest even number of the IP scope as the IP for the gateway device. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I want to thank you for the help.

That fixed all my issues.