Skip to content
JakeS's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 9:00 PM

Netgear CG3000DCR modem - firmware was upgraded to V3.01.05, now rebooting frequently

I have a Netgear CG3000DCR modem with my Comcast Business Internet service and noticed that it recently updated from firmware V3.01.04 to V3.01.05. Since that firmware upgrade happened the modem has been rebooting on its own every 2-3 days. I've confirmed that the modem is completely rebooting as its uptime resets - right now it's showing an uptime of 0 days 01h:35m:04s which corresponds with the last time I saw my connection drop (about an hour and a half ago).

I haven't found any reference to the new V3.01.05 firmware anywhere, so it seems like it just rolled out recently (the modem rebooting started on March 27 for me). Is anyone else seeing problems with this new firmware version? I know the Netgears have had a troubled past with firmware issues but everything seemed to be worked out with V3.01.04. Hopefully things aren't going to get bad again 🙂

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I apologize for the delay in responding. Of course now that I posted here the modem has stopped rebooting on its own, so who knows what was going on 🙂 If I see this issue again I'll post an update here.

Thanks!

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Jake S,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the IP-Gateway reset with this firmware update.

Are you still experiencing this reboot issue?

If you are please repost so we may be of assist.

Thank you

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

JakeS,

Thank you for the update reply, we appreciate it.

Good to hear that the issue has cleared.

If you have any other question or can help the community, please post.
We look forward to your presence in the forum!

Thank you