Skip to content
J

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 4:10 PM

Need Security Edge completely disabled ASAP

I called Comcast Business and put in a request about 24 hours to have Security Edge completely disabled, including Malware and Phishing, as one of our web sites -- which is used for managing mobile devices -- has been marked as Phishing by Edge. Not to mention, we have our own firewalls and use Webroot DNS protection on all of our machines, so it's a feature we just do not need on. Had I known this was enabled during an upgrade of our service a few months ago, I would have said something then, but this just recently became an issue. Of course, like others have said, I cannot disable Malware and Phishing protection myself nor can I mark the site as safe in Malware and Phishing. It's created a HUGE problem with managing our mobile devices when they are here in our building! Someone at Comcast, please do something!

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

2 years ago

You did the right thing by contacting Comcast Business. That is the first step. I can follow up with you tomorrow to make sure this was disabled.

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Daryl​ Thanks. The wait is just the painful part right now. I have several devices that need onboarded to our MDM server but can't do it while Edge is blocking. Unfortunatley the DNS agent for Webroot doesn't get installed until after the device is onboarded. I definitely understand why Security Edge is a thing. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah, I know. The wait can seem unbearable. The only thing we could do, is create a ticket for someone to do what you had already done. Which could only confuse the process and cause a longer set back. Now we just need to give it the 24 hours and go from there. Sorry about that.