Skip to content
DougONM's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 16th, 2020 6:00 AM

Motorola MG7700

I currently have several locations running the motorola MG7700 modem/router -  yesterday I needed to swap out the Comcast/Netgear modem at another location since we no longer need the statc IP and replace it with a Motorola MG7700 (we bought a number of the same to use and for back up) and was told it's "not supported" - that's news to me and Motorola tech support who assures me there are plenty of these modems operating happily on the Comcast network just as ours are.  It was available as late as early 2019 when i added our last location and it obviously works so what gives? 

Just yesterday I got an email from Bill Stemper, President, Comcast Business who said, among other things, "As we navigate through these turbulent times together, I am committed to keeping you informed, and above all, keeping your business connected." 

Please help us stay connected -  We need someone to step up and help us get this modem provisioned -  the last thing I need to deal with is explain why when we're doing our best to keep running and cut costs, we need to go buy another modem when we have one that is brand new and obviously works.

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

5 years ago

Hi! Thanks for reaching out and for your patience. I am sorry to learn that you have had this experience with swapping out the modem at another collection. Especially with these uncertain times, we are living in today. As a customer myself, I definitely understand the importance of cutting costs by purchasing a modem. At Comcast, we strive in keeping you up to date on equipment compatibility. I went to purchase my own modem before and had the same issue. When I discovered that the modem I purchased was no longer approved for Comcast, I was lucky that I was able to return it and exchange it for another one at Walmart. Did you happen to keep the receipt for your modem? Here is a great link for seamlessly confirming if your equipment is up to date at any time. Please let me know if this helps. https://comca.st/2xFI6NP

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It’s frustrating that it’s still ok for “residential” - especially when all our locations using it work just fine for us - at the time we purchased one for 4 locations plus a spare, the last one was early 2019 - no specific reasons as to why it’s no longer approved for business class To help me explain the additional costs we will incur when trying to cut costs 😞

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Enjoying the full internet speed for your subscription depends on using equipment that is compatible with your internet service. When upgrading or downgrading your internet speed it is important to verify your equipment is compatible and up to date. Business services require a different compatibility level we want to keep our technology as up to date as possible for our business customers and ensure that they are using the best and most compatible equipment with our services so that you can reap the benefits of your full services. I know how frustrating it is to hear this when you are working to save money especially with everything currently going on in the world right now. I understand that you have this same device running at other locations, however, they are out of date models and no longer compatible with our business services. To reap the full benefits of your services and speed levels we do recommend upgrading the devices on all accounts. If you have any further questions or concerns please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? Were there any further concerns that I can address for you today?